ED 630 Blog

Tuesday, April 06, 2010

Online Community Journey

The Search

In my search for a social web that would fulfill this assignment, I joined many online communities in an effort to find one where teachers actually interacted. I discovered that perhaps as a result of their intense schedules, many teachers will join a site, but never really check back to engage in any discussions.

The first site I joined seemed to have a largely Asian constituency whose members failed to login after their initial posting. Widening my scope, I joined the National Association for Down Syndrome Discussion Board since one of my students at my private school (who is also my youngest brother) is Downs, and since I also help with the special education students at the public school in which I'm presently interning. Though this site really didn’t provide any new ideas, it was helpful to read that others have gone through similar struggles and are in similar transitions. Using the name Pondskater, I was able to give them some ideas from my own experiences.

More here....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home