ED 630 Blog

Monday, April 26, 2010

IEP Overview

Edu Blogging

For my individualized education project, I decided to report on the site I set up for the private school at which I teach. Last year, I single-handedly published the school newspaper. Though the students, parents, staff, and community members greatly appreciated the monthly publications, I knew I would not have the time to commit to such an undertaking this year. However, the students were inspired by the newspaper to excel and really enjoyed the reward of seeing their names in print, and the community members valued being able to stay current with what the students were learning. I knew I could not just pull the paper without replacing it with something of equal value. I began considering setting up and administering a school site where the students’ work would be featured. I also thought this would be an opportunity for the students to learn basic word processing and technological skills. Setting up and administering such a site would be completely new to me, and I relished the challenge. Because of the other programs I taught the students which they incorporated into their site pages, this IEP ended up much more expansive and involved than I imagined!


More here....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home